Niko Kari found the speed at Hungaroring: ``The car behaved like driver wants it``
Niko Kari drove superbly in Formula 3’s winter testing at Hungaroring.
The Finnish ace of Trident found the rhythm and trust to his new car, and it gave the man a huge confidence boost.
Kari was one of the quickest drivers on track at the morning session. When the bunch retreat to dinner, Kari had set third fastest time.
At the afternoon session Kari was again fastest of all Trident drivers. Unfortunately the lap which he tried to set the new fastest lap was ruined by traffic, but that didn’t matter too much.
– This was better day than any of the previous one’s. Finally the car was behaving like the driver wants, and that’s how it’s supposed to be, Kari said.
Hungaroring tests, morning session:
1. Leonardo Pulcini, Hitech Grand Prix 1.31,564
2. Robert Shwartzman, PREMA Racing 1.31,733
3. Niko Kari, Trident 1.31,799
1. Marcus Armstrong, PREMA Racing 1.31,410
2. Jehan Daruvala, PREMA Racing 1.31,857
3. Leonardo Pulcini, Hitech Grand Prix 1.32,054
18. Niko Kari, Trident 1.32,700